Terms and Accomodation
Important points to be noted
- The tour is designed from Varanasi to Varanasi.
- This tour is conceptualized in such a way that personal attentions can be given to each and every photographer and for that, the group will be restricted to 12 photographers only.
- This tour has been specifically designed for the photographers. Non-photographer spouse/friend may be accommodated on the tour but at full cost and on agreeing to stick to the schedule of the of the tour.
- While all care would be taken to stick to the schedule, unforeseen circumstance, time consistency might lead to some changes.
- Please note that the timings of the rituals can be changed slightly according to the present situations of the festival. The mentor will guide you throughout the festival.
What does the tour fees include?
- Stay at Allahabad will be in a Maharaja Tent situated within 1 Km from Royal Bathing Point (Main Bathing Place) for five days and four nights. The tent is located just beside the Akharas where all Naga Sadhus and other Sadhus will take their holly dip into the river during bathing dates.
- Accommodations in a Double Occupancy / Single Occupancy (Separate Bedded) fully decorated, carpet flooring Maharaja Tent with attach bath, couch, mattress, blanket, room heater, hot water and Wi-fi accessibility.
- Stay at Varanasi will be in a luxury hotel situated five minutes walking distance from Shivala Ghat.
- Accommodations in a Double Occupancy / Single Occupancy (Separate Bedded) Air Conditioned Elegant Room with attached Bathroom, Having 24 Hours Running Hot and Cold water, Telephone and Television with Wi-fi accessibility.
- Two times Tea, Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner in all days.
- Three litres of packed mineral water per person per day will be provided.
- Expert guidance on street, portrait and landscape photography with a particular emphasis on the Kumbh Mela Celebrations.
What is not included in the tour fees?
- Anything else other than mentioned in includes.
- All expenses of personal nature.
- Any other actual expenses would be shared by all participants on actual basis.
You need to pay 50% of the tour amount immediately (either in USD or INR as per the conversion rate on date)
Balance amount to be paid 45 days before the tour.
Full payment needs to be made in advance. No refund on cancellation. Please read all details on this page and Detailed Terms and Conditions, Disclaimer / Undertaking in the Registration cum Booking Form.
In order to reserve your seat, 100% advance payment is a must.
To confirm registration, the participant must pay the amount through NEFT or IMPS or RTGS. Once the payment is done please send us a copy of bank receipt (screen shot is also fine) of your payment sent details. Once we confirm your payment, we will send you the tour id no. along with the Rules & Regulations of the tour, which makes you, a confirmed candidate of the photo tour.
The organotin reserves the right to cancel the tour if the minimum number of participants are not meet.
Registration is open from 15th April 2018 till 15th January, 2019 or till the seat reservations end.
Only a maximum 12 hardworking photographers will be selected for this photo tour. This is not a fancy tour; you have to walk a lot, so your physical fitness is very important.
Participants will be granted for the photo tour based on email confirmation on a first come first serve basis.
Feel free to call +91 8509333385 or +91 8900702900 for any further assistance.
What you will need?
- One or two Digital cameras with two to three lenses (for example – 24mm, 35mm, 50mm, or zooms like 16-35mm, 24-70mm and a long focal length like 70-200).
- Protector for your lens.
- A cap and windcheater is preferable during early morning shoot.
- Extra battery for your camera and external hard drive with adequate space and card reader.
- Adequate memory card and Card reader.
- A Computer with photo-processing software
Weather of Allahabad
There will be a pleasant and cool in the daytime with maximum temperatures of about 20°C. Nights become cooler with a minimum of 8°C. in the month of January. Remember one thing that all the main events like Snans is either very early in the morning before sun rise or in the evening after sun set. So there will cold during that time.
Weather of Varanasi
It will be pleasant and normal in the daytime with maximum temperatures of about 20°C. Nights become cooler with a minimum of 10°C. in the month of February.
How to reach?
There is an Airport at Bamrauli which is near about 10 Kilometers away from Allahabad but limited flights are available. The second nearest Airport is at Varanasi which is 150 kilometers from Allahabad. Varanasi Airport is well connected to the rest of India by daily flights.
Allahabad is well connected by trains with all major cities, viz. Calcutta, Delhi, Jaipur, Lucknow and Mumbai. The main station in Allahabad is Allahabad Junction. Several expresses as well as super fast trains ply to and from Allahabad.
Allahabad, on National Highways 2 and 27, is connected to all parts of the country by good roads. Buses ply to all the neighboring as well as far-flung places such as Varanasi, Lucknow, Kanpur, Patna, Jhansi and Gorakhpur among others. Both Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation as well as Private players operates these buses.
*Limited seats on first come first serve basis.
***Please note that the timings of the rituals can be changed slightly according to the present situations of the festival. The mentor will guide you throughout the festival.
**Please read all details on this page and Detailed Terms and Conditions, disclaimer/undertaking in the Registration cum Booking Form.
7th to 17th February 2019.
Allahabad & Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India.
4400 USD - Double Occupancy
4750 USD - Single Occupancy
(Includes accomodation and food)
Maximum 12 participants
English, Hindi & Bengali