Discovering Secrets of Streets 2.0
13th to 16th November 2016 [Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India]
This four day Photography Workshop is designed for advanced photographers as well as beginners. This comprehensive workshop mainly focuses on practical functions. This workshop will help you to build up a solid understanding of composition and visual literacy in street photography. In this Four days workshop, you will learn the fundamentals of street photography, how to capture “the decisive moment”, how to interact with people in the street and how to conquer your fear of shooting at streets. You will be given guidance to discover your style in street photography, and how to work on meaningful projects that you will continue to pursue after the workshop.
The workshop has 20% theoretical aspects and 80% practical. Come and join this workshop for finding street stories in the magical light of winter, on the auspicious occasion of “Dev Depawali”. Learning to capture street portraits and making street stories will be the two main concentrations in this workshop with hands-on experience. These four days workshop will help you to find the core concept of photography. Besides discovering your own inspiring trigger, you will be guided towards achieving mastery in street photography. To find your style and to discover the secret of street photography enroll decisively in this workshop.
Apratim Saha and Manish Khattry will intensely go through each participant’s work during class and will elaborately instruct each one in the field. Both of the mentors will thoroughly help out students to learn photography exclusively.
After the workshop, participants will have a boarder understanding of how to work to create amazing photography projects of their own. To complete this course, all participants must have genuine interest and passion for photography at first, the camera is next.
The main intention of this comprehensive workshop is helping participants on practical application. Apratim Saha and Manish Khattry will thoroughly help out each student to learn photography independently. In the location of the outdoor practical shooting, Apratim and Manish will thoroughly help each participant passionately and according to their individual needs. Do not miss the golden opportunity of being part of this.
What you will achieve from this workshop?
- Greater ability to work quickly and decisively with your camera
- Increased confidence in your skills as a photographer
- Effectiveness in establishing rapport with subjects
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with editing and sequencing your work to create a powerful visual narrative of your subject
- To create powerful photographs
- To build a photo story / photo essay
- Certificate of completion after the workshop
What topics will be covered in this workshop?
- Getting to know your Camera
- Your Camera’s Automatic, Assisted Settings and Manual Settings
- Understanding Exposure (Aperture, Shutter speed and ISO)
- Composition and Content
- Depth of field
- Moments and Motion
- People and Portraits
- The Simple Math of Photography
- Angle of Light
- Photography as a Way of Life
- The fundamentals of street photography
- How to overcome fear of shooting at streets
- How to get involved with strangers and situations when shooting on the streets
- The way to anticipate and capture “The Decisive Moment”
- Focus on ways to develop a unique third eye when shooting on the streets
- Guidance to discover your individual style in street photography
- To help you gain hands-on experience, the workshop is designed to be less lecture-based and more focused on your shooting on the streets
- Discuss and guidance on your individual portfolio
- The workshop will also be tailored to your individual needs
- Understanding File Format (Raw, Tiff, Jpg image files)
- Monitor Calibration
- Editing Images : Post Processing
- Growing as a photographer and much more
- Submission of Photo Storey/ Photo Essay
- Critique and feedback of the final submission
13th November 2016 to 16th November 2016.
Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India.
15000 INR for Indian Participants
400 USD for Foreign Participants
Maximum 25 Participants
English, Hindi & Bengali
Meet Your Instructors
Apratim Saha is a contributing photographer for National Geographic Stock Photography, Getty Images and Stocksy United. He is a Brand Ambassador and mentor for Tamron and Datacolor. He has over 30 years of experience, from traditional film to digital photography. He is a commercial photographer specializing in people photography, portraiture, lifestyle & editorial clients. Besides commercial works, Apratim also shoots other subjects that stimulate his visual or emotional sensibilities.